Peace Peace

This week, a favorite verse on which I've been meditating is Isaiah 26:3, "You will keep in perfect peace [her] whose mind is steadfast, because [she] trusts in you."

The Hebrew translation of "perfect peace" is peace peace. I love this. . . as if "perfect" peace is a double portion that comes like a hush from a Holy Mother. "Shhh, my precious one. . . . I give you peace. . . peace." Soft, soothing words whispered in an attentive child's ear.

As a harried mother of three (ages 9, 6, and 3), my favorite and sometimes only place to meditate is the shower. It's the closest I've come to understanding the Bible's references to a literal "strong tower." For five minutes each day, I'm alone. Shower walls stand tall and strong--protecting me from all sides. The shower head sprays warm. "You will keep in peace peace, she whose mind is steadfast. You will keep in peace. . . peace. . .peace. . .peace. . . . "

I let the water and Word wash over me. "I trust you Jesus. My mind is set on You." Spirit-breathed 'Script'- tures replace my own cyclical, life-draining scripts. Worries, fears, and doubts flow away.

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me. For I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden light."
Matthew 11:28, 30

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum