Boasting in our Weakness

Perhaps it seems materialistic to put a picture of our "new" used car on the blog! And knowing it might look like we are boasting in ourselves, I almost didn't do it. But, given the many struggles, and questions, and personal obstacles I've shared here, it also didn't seem right to gloss over the good things that are happening. This car is a direct answer to prayer. I want God to have the praise and glory he deserves! We're so grateful for this timely, long-awaited for provision!

Yesterday, I was freaking out (see post Freaking Out). Today, (after working out some of the kinks and concerns about the transmission) I'm downright bubbly about the newfound freedom this second car will bring to me and my family. I can't believe how relieved I feel, and dare I say happy? I guess it's true that sometimes we don't know the full weight of the burdens we carry until the burdens are actually lifted!

Thanks be to God for his graciousness! Our prayers were answered about the condition of the car, timing, and more importantly he provided the resources for us to make the purchase; resources for which we didn't plan or save -- a miracle in and of itself!

Mine and the kids' favorite thing about our new ride? It has a radio and power windows! I'm telling you. . . it's the little things in life.
GOD IS GOOD!

(If you missed the background on our car situation, check out the post To Buy or Not to Buy. And thanks to all who've been praying along the way! Your support means so much!)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum