Recovering

I'm not sure I have much to say, but I don't want to leave the "dragon" post as my most recent for much longer. So, a quick update:

We had a rough week as a family, fighting another virus. I'm happy to say we're all on the mend. I probably have a lingering sinus infection, and so does Rich, but at least we're past the fever, aches, chills portion of this sickness. It wasn't fun. My friend Bonnie stopped over on Friday with two bags full of groceries to help my kids survive having a sick, I'm-so-not-making-dinner mom. (She brought Teddy Grahams, Goldfish, popsicles, fresh grapes, roasted chicken, Kleenex and even Gummy Worms!) Her timing couldn't have been better, and it made me think about an excerpt from the MotherKindness piece Sally wrote in Play With Me: "When mothering gets hard and lonely, I'm glad to be part of a community of mothers with all of my friends." Amen to that. Bonnie's gesture brought healing tears to my eyes.

I submitted a resume and letter of interest to my church for a part time job, working in an administrative capacity. My biggest concern about whether the job is feasible or not is child care. We'll have to see how flexible the position is with working from home, etc, and what the actual pay would be. Please keep this in your prayers! We need to increase our income, and this position feels like a good fit. I also think it could be a pathway or a gate to greater ministry opportunities down the road.

I have been on the receiving end of so many kind thoughts, gestures, and prayers as of late. Thank you to everyone for being Christ to me. . . .

If those who owe us nothing gave us nothing, how poor we would be. --Antonio Porchia

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum